As you know, Startup Act is a legal framework mainly materialized by:
- Law No. 2018-20 of April 17, 2018 relating to startups.
- Decree No. 2018-840 of October 11, 2018 setting the conditions, procedures and deadlines for granting and withdrawing the startup label and the benefit of incentives and advantages for startups and the organization, prerogatives and operating procedures of the labeling committee.
- Circulars of the Central Bank of Tunisia n° 2019-01 and 2019-02.
In accordance with the laws in force, the current College of Startups whose composition, prerogatives and operation are set by Decree No. 2018-840, comes to the end of its mandate on the precise date of February 12, 2022.
Beyond this date, no member of the current College of Startups can legally grant or refuse a request for a label.
While waiting for the new composition of the College of Startups to be published in the Official Journal of the Republic of Tunisia, and in order not to interrupt the monthly rhythm of granting the Startup Label, we have decided to make some operational adjustments to the February 2022 session.
These adjustments will be deployed exceptionally on the said session and consist in :
- Reducing the number of application files for Pre-labels to five (05) files.
- Reducing the number of application files for Labels to ten (10) files.
These exceptional measures are taken so that the current members of the College of Startups can study all the application files, providing the necessary diligence for the study of each file, without ever exceeding the date of February 12, 2022, date on which their mandates will legally end.
We are aware that these adjustments will not allow all applicants to submit their applications for the February 2022 session since only the first 15 applications (5 Pre-Labels and 10 Labels) will be accepted.
However, we remind you that the labeling sessions will resume their usual rhythm as soon as the new members of the College of Startups are appointed and take office.
We thank you for your trust and apologize for the inconvenience caused.