About the instrument
Official Partnering SSOs ( Check the eligibility criteria and the application form to become an official partnering SSO )
SSOs not backed by an investment fund
* Note: An SSO is backed by an investment vehicle; whether it's a venture capital, a corporate, or a bank; is a program that implicates the latter’s direct investment in the supported startup. Support costs are usually covered by a proportion of received funds.
Financial Grants based on your tangible performance
Improve the credibility and raise awareness around your SSO's programs
Attract more potentially successful startups to your successful programs
Call for applications
SAIL is awarded to partner SSOs based on their achievements on the two KPIs listed above. Partner SSOs report the achievements of the Startups they have supported in the programs they have implemented over a given period.
Apply to become a partner
If the selection committee validates your application, your SSO will be a partner of the Startup Tunisia vision and will access SAIL and then fill in the current support programsBecome a Partner
If you are already an SSO partner
Report your achievements and the attainment of two KPIs. The labelling of supported startups and the FundraisingDeclare your achievements
Monitoring and disbursement process
Statement of accomplishments:
The partner SSOs list their different programs and the corresponding list of supported startups for each of them.
The partner SSOs list the performance of supported startups in relation to the mentioned key performance indicators.
The SSO must detail all relevant achievements that it believes have substantially contributed to the achievement of key performance indicators.
For example: The SSO can explain its efforts to refine startup pitch decks, business models, presentation videos, demos, etc. that supported and facilitated the startup's application for the Label, or on all activities that have boosted the startup's fundraising efforts, such as connecting with investors, coaching on investment readiness, etc.
The achieved key performance indicators are the main triggers and determinants of the grant.
The two main key performance indicators are the labeling of supported startups and their closed fundraising rounds. In order to valorize and encourage efforts towards regional inclusion and gender equality, a bonus will be granted based on these two objectives.
A. A supported startup obtains the Startup Label
Rule: The label was obtained during or after the support program proposed by the SSO (with a limit of 3 months after the cohort).
- A supported startup obtains the Label
- A startup co-founded/founded by women (CEO and/or holding at least 20% or the female team represents at least 25%) obtains the Label
- A startup based outside of Tunis capital obtains the Label
B. A supported startup completes a fundraising round
- Closed fundraising round with the participation of one or more of the following actors: business angels, venture capital investment funds, companies.
- The fundraising round must be completed no later than 12 months after the end date of the support program's cohort. The achievement is justified by the minutes materializing the capital increase.
- A startup raises more than 30K TND
- A startup founded/co-founded by women (CEO and/or holding at least 10% of the capital before the fundraising round) raises funds.
- A startup based in regions outside of Grand Tunis raises funds
Upon achieving one of the following objectives, the SSO will report the achievement of the startup in its portfolio on the platform. Once validated, the disbursement will be confirmed.
|Ticket (in TND)
A startup founded by a male team and based in the capital receives the Label
A startup co-founded/founded by women and based in the capital receives the Label
A startup based in interior and disadvantaged regions receives the Label
A startup based in interior and disadvantaged regions and founded/co-founded/led by a woman (CEO or owning at least 10% of the pre-money capital) receives the Label.
A startup founded by a male team and based in the capital raises funds
A startup founded/co-founded by women completes its fundraising
A startup based in interior and disadvantaged regions completes its fundraising
A startup founded or co-founded by women based in interior and disadvantaged regions completes its fundraising.
At the end of each quarter, SMART CAPITAL consolidates all the achievements of the last 3 months. Disbursements are made through CDC following a funding call made by SMART CAPITAL.
*The subsidy is capped at 80,000 dt per SSO per year for the period 2023-2024.
A simple and fully online process
These steps ensure maximum transparency as well as an accurate and fair evaluation of all files received
Reporting the list of the programs as well as their corresponding list of supported startups
Listing of the startups and their corresponding relevant achievements
Selection committee approval